All Nippon Airways (ANA)Japan’s largest airline, was the victim of a mistake that will cost it dearly.
The airline mistakenly offered tickets from. first class At a fraction of its cost.
These tickets were for flights departing from Jakarta, Indonesia, and had stopovers in. Tokyo.
For example, Jakarta – Tokyo – New York – New York – Aruba roundtrip first class would cost at least about $16,300, but this was as low as $890, reports Bloomberg.
Other examples of incorrectly priced round-trip routes:
- Jakarta – Tokyo – Honolulu at $550 when its average price is $8,300.
- Jakarta – Tokyo – New York at $350 when its average price is $10,400.
- Jakarta – Tokyo – New York – Tokyo – Tokyo – Bali at $350 when its average price is $8,300.
- Jakara – Singapore – Haneda – New York – New York – Tokyo – Jakarta for $350 when its average price is $8,300.
- Jakarta – Singapore – Tokyo – Tokyo – New York – Tokyo – Jakarta for $300 when its average price is $10,000.
What happened to ANA?
The airline indicated that the error occurred on the Vietnamese version of its website, which listed the wrong currency conversion.
ANA said it is still investigating the extent of the error and plans to make a decision before the end of the month on whether it will honor reservations made with this “bug”. If passengers booked travel before the end of the month, they will be able to travel without problems.
“I never thought I was going to get an offer like this,” said Johnny Wong who bought a return ticket to Honolulu from Jakarta with a stopover in Tokyo for $550.