‘Signing Bosz at PSV this weekend’ – ‘Toulouse fires coach Philippe Montanier’
In this blog we will keep you up to date with all the transfer news at home and abroad.
Receive updates on your smartphone? Then press the little bell.
‘Toulouse fires coach Philippe Montanier’
Coach Phillippe Montanier is to leave Toulouse, according to French media. Under the 58-year-old Frenchman’s leadership, Toulouse became champions in the Ligue 2 last season. This season, thanks in part to Branco van den Boomen, Stijn Spierings, Thijs Dallinga and Zakaria Aboukhlal, the club won the French Cup.
Due to disagreements with the management and a “disappointing” thirteenth place in the Ligue 1, the club would now like to part with him anyway.
‘This weekend Bosz signing at PSV ‘
PSV expects to reach a final agreement with new head coach Peter Bosz soon. “We hope for a signature this weekend. If there is one, we will communicate it immediately,” general manager Marcel Brands told the ANP.
The 59-year-old Bosz, who will sign a contract for probably three years, will become Ruud van Nistelrooij’s successor at Eindhoven. The former striker stepped down shortly before the final league game of the season.
PSV and Bosz said to be in agreement, but club and coach themselves still silent
Various media, including Eindhovens Dagblad and VI, report that PSV and Peter Bosz have reached an agreement. PSV itself has not yet announced anything. It also remains quiet from Bosz’s camp. To NOS, PSV confirms nothing yet.
The Eindhovens Dagblad says the club will announce the news in the foreseeable future. But possibly only after the weekend. The contract would be for three years.
Kökcü at airport in Lisbon
Orkun Kökcü appears close to a transfer to Benfica. The midfielder arrived at Lisbon airport on Friday evening. There he was soon handed a scarf from Benfica.
According to Portuguese media, Kökcü will undergo a medical these days and sign a contract with the Portuguese champion until 2028. Confirmation from the club is still pending.
Earlier, rumors trickled in that a transfer from Rotterdam to Portugal is in the works. According to Algemeen Dagblad, it would be a record transfer for Feyenoord: between 25 and 30 million, slightly more than Luis Sinisterra’s transfer to Leeds United of around 25 million euros.
Kökcü captained Feyenoord last season. Under his leadership, the Rotterdam club convincingly captured the national title.
FC Twente commits Ajacied Regeer for four years
Youri Regeer is transferring from Ajax to FC Twente. The 19-year-old Haarlem native who can play both as a defender and a midfielder has signed a contract until mid-2027.
“We are happy that we were able to tie Youri to FC Twente for a long time,” Jan Streuer said on the club’s website. “Youri is a great talent and a pretty complete and multifunctional player.”
“I am extremely happy and proud with this beautiful step in my career,” says Youri Regeer. “I hope to develop further within this wonderful club. See you soon in the Grolsch Veste!”
Regeer made his debut for Jong Ajax in the first division in 2020 as a 16-year-old player, where he played 91 matches. Regeer made six appearances for Ajax’s first team.
Twente has also acquired Younes Taha from PEC Zwolle. The 20-year-old striker promoted to the premier league this season with the club from Zwolle.
Taha signs for four years in Enschede.
A transfer of young American striker Ricardo Pepi to PSV is getting closer. According to the Eindhovens Dagblad, Pepi has told his current club FC Augsburg that he wants to leave for Eindhoven.
According to the ED, the German club is in talks with PSV, and only PSV. Also, the previously requested transfer fee of 11 million would be reduced to between 8 and 9 million. Anyway, Pepi’s arrival in Eindhoven seems imminent.
KKD champion Interest swaps Heracles for relegated FC Groningen
A striking move by Heracles defender Marco Rente: he leaves for relegated FC Groningen. The Spaniard became this season’s champion with Heracles in the first division.
“For others this move may be hard to understand, but for me it was not a difficult choice. I am happy,” Rente said on the club website.
“I have always seen FC Groningen as a very big and beautiful club. After the talks with the management and the new trainer Dick Lukkien, I immediately had a very good feeling.”
Real Madrid recovers Fran García
Fran García (23) is coming back to Real Madrid. Three years ago, the Madrid side sold the left wing defender to Rayo Vallecano. The contract did include an option to bring García back.
And that has now been taken advantage of. The Spaniard was sold for two million euros and has now been brought back for five million.
With García, Real has secured its second summer acquisition. Earlier, Jude Bellingham was acquired from Borussia Dortmund.
Foster (40) stays with Wrexham for another year
Forty years old he is, but goalkeeper Ben Foster will continue with Wrexham AFC of Wales for just one more season. He has signed a contract until the summer of 2024.
Wrexham, the club of actor Ryan Reynolds, recently promoted to League Two and has already set new goals. Foster should remain part of the group.
Last summer, the goalkeeper announced his retirement as a professional, but in March he was contracted anyway. By Wrexham. He played eight duels in which he was regularly important.
Keita from Liverpool to Bremen
Werder Bremen announces the arrival of Naby Keita. The 28-year-old midfielder from Guinea will transfer from Liverpool free of charge.
Keita played five years for the English top club. Before that, he was also active in the Bundesliga, with RB Leipzig.
‘Benfica cease talks with Kerkez’
Benfica has withdrawn from negotiations with Milos Kerkez, the Portuguese sports newspaper reports A Bola. The financial demands of the AZ left-back – he is said to have rejected a salary proposal of 1 million a year net – are reportedly too much for the Portuguese club.
With AZ also demanding a hefty transfer fee, Benfica is said to have decided to look for another left-back.
Buijs succeeds Velázquez at Fortuna Sittard
Danny Buijs has been appointed as the new head coach by Fortuna Sittard. The (still just) 40-year-old Dordtenaar is the successor of Julio Velázquez, who is leaving after one season. The Spanish coach relieved Sjors Ultee last September, when Fortuna was in eighteenth place in the premier league. The Limburgers eventually finished thirteenth.
FC Utrecht operation successful: ‘Azarkan signs multi-year contract’
Marouan Azarkan is moving to FC Utrecht. Several sources report that. The winger has been impressing for two years with Excelsior, which rented him from Feyenoord.
FC Utrecht had long been interested in the services of Azarkan, who is still under contract with Feyenoord until mid-2024. Now the club from the Dom city has succeeded.
Azarkan will commit himself to FC Utrecht for a longer period. Little is yet known about the transfer fee.
Bayern brings in Laimer for free
Konrad Laimer is making the transfer from RB Leipzig to Bayern Munich free of charge, the German champion has reported. The 26-year-old midfielder played six years at Leipzig.
The Austrian is Bayern’s first recruit for next season and will have to compete with Ryan Gravenberch, among others.
‘Ajax aims for assist king Russian league’
Ajax has applied to FK Krasnodar for Eduard Spertsyan, according to reports VI and the Telegraph. The attacking midfielder from Armenia is the “assist king” of the Russian league, with 12 prepared goals. The 23-year-old Spertsyan also manages to score regularly himself: he made 10 in the Premjer Liga last season.
Spertsyan should reportedly cost around 9 million euros. He could become the second summer acquisition of Ajax, who earlier brought in defensive midfielder Branco van den Boomen transferee-free.
‘Cerny round with Wolfsburg, FC Twente not impressed with first offer’
FC Twente attacker Vaclav Cerny is according to the Telegraph personally rounded with VfL Wolfsburg. A four-year contract is ready at the club from the German Bundesliga.
Still, a final transfer seems to be some time away: according to TC/Tubantia FC Twente and VfL Wolfsburg are “far from an agreement.” Cerny still has a two-year contract in Enschede, but wants a step up himself.
‘At the right amount, of course we cooperate’
Speaking to NOS earlier, Jan Streuer, technical director in Enschede, said, “He wants to reach the highest attainable level. And that’s logical, every sportsman wants that. If a club comes along that offers the right amount, of course we will cooperate.”
‘PSV expects to present Bosz soon’
After days of negotiations, talks between PSV and Peter Bosz are in the concluding stages, reports Eindhovens Dagblad. The 59-year-old former coach of Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Olympique Lyon, among others, is likely to sign a multi-year contract in Eindhoven.
PSV is “on the eve of a considerable reorganization,” reports the regional newspaper. Both in the player group and the staff, Bosz wants to make a large number of changes. The club has been without a head coach since May 24, when Ruud van Nistelrooij suddenly quit.
‘PSV almost got striker Pepi’
American striker Ricardo Pepi looks set to join PSV next season. According to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, the Eindhoven club is close to securing the American. Pepi played this season at FC Groningen, which rented the striker from Augsburg. In the Groningen shirt he scored twelve goals, but with that the only 20-year-old talent could not prevent his team from being relegated from the premier league.
‘Feyenoord set to break transfer record with transfer Kökcü to Benfica’
Benfica are close to getting Feyenoord player Orkun Kökcü. The Algemeen Dagblad reports. This is a record transfer, according to the newspaper: between 25 and 30 million. The transfer of Luis Sinisterra to Leeds United yielded some 25 million euros.
Kökcü captained Feyenoord last season. Under his leadership, the Rotterdam club convincingly captured the national title.
Hadouir becomes Fraser’s assistant at RKC
Anouar Hadouir will assist head coach Henk Fraser at RKC Waalwijk. The former midfielder has signed for two seasons.
The 40-year-old Hadouir comes over from Willem II, where he worked in youth training. At Willem II he also began his career as a footballer. After that, he also played in the Netherlands for Roda JC, NAC Breda and Excelsior.
“I am greatly looking forward to working together and with this to be part of this ambitious club,” Hadouir said. “I am therefore determined to transfer my knowledge and experience to the players. Together we will do everything we can to achieve successes and further develop the team and individual.”
RKC finished ninth in the premier league last season. In mid-May, Fraser was already appointed as the successor to Joseph Oosting, who is transferring to FC Twente.
Xavi respects choice Messi
Xavi understands Lionel Messi’s choice to play at American Inter Miami. “The last two years he didn’t like it at Paris Saint-Germain and didn’t want this kind of pressure anymore. He is the best player ever. But this is his personal decision that we have to respect.”
The Barcelona coach spoke a lot with Lionel Messi recently about his possible return to the Spanish club. During those talks, Xavi noticed a change in Messi in recent days. “We were all excited by the talks. First him, then me and then the club. But often you want something and it doesn’t work out because the circumstances are not right. Maybe with him the picture was not so clear.”
Xavi: “But often we can’t imagine what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes. It’s certainly not easy to be Messi either. He always has to behave perfectly, he has to be perfect on the pitch and he always has to be the best.”
Mac Allister to Liverpool
Liverpool has secured its first major acquisition this summer. The English club is acquiring Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton & Hove Albion. The 24-year-old midfielder, who became world champion with Argentina in December, signs with Liverpool for four years.
Mac Allister impressed in the Argentina squad during the last World Cup in Qatar, but a transfer in the winter period was not yet in the cards.
Since January 2019, Mac Allister was under contract at Brighton, but was first rented twice to Argentine club . His debut in the Premier League still followed over a year later in Brighton’s service.
Rice is to leave West Ham
Declan Rice may leave West Ham United this summer. Chairman David Sullivan told talkSPORT after winning the Conference League. “We promised him he could go,” he said.
And 41-time international Rice’s plan is clear, according to Sullivan. “He’s determined to go. You can’t wish for a man who has committed more to us this season than he has. It’s not something we want to happen. We offered him 200 thousand pounds (over 230 thousand euros, ed.) a week eighteen months ago, he turned it down.”
The midfielder, who has been under contract at West Ham United since 2014, has been linked with Bayern Munich, among others.
Will Zaha also go to Saudi Arabia?
Of course, he is far from being of the caliber of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema or N’Golo Kanté, but with Wilfried Zaha, another well-known player seems to be moving from Europe to the Middle East. At English Sky, they are convinced that the Ivorian dribbler will go from Crystal Palace to Al-Nassr.
‘Utrecht wants to get Janssen as assistant coach’
VI reports that FC Utrecht wants to attract Willem Janssen as assistant coach to Michael Silberbauer. Janssen is currently technical manager at VVV-Venlo.
As a soccer player, Janssen captained FC Utrecht for many years.
No more doubts: Messi to Miami
Lionel Messi plans to continue his career with Inter Miami in the United States. The 35-year-old Argentine let it be known in an exclusive interview to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo.
“I made the decision that I’m going to Miami. I wanted to leave Europe, get out of the spotlight and think more about my family,” he reveals.
“It’s not 100 percent complete yet, something is still missing, but we did decide to go in that direction.”
Sparta tries to bring Strootman back to Castle
Gerard Nijkamp, technical director of Sparta, in a podcast of RTV Rijnmond confirmed that talks have been held with Kevin Strootman about his possible return to Rotterdam. Strootman is 33 and has had a good season with promoted Genoa.
‘Before the game against Feyenoord we had a conversation,’ Nijkamp said. ‘That was a good conversation. But it’s up to Kevin when he decides to come home. As far as we are concerned preferably the day before yesterday.’
Kanté on his way to Al-Ittihad, Benzema’s club
French midfielder N’Golo Kanté is also continuing his career at Al-Ittihad. The transfer-free Chelsea midfielder will sign a three-year contract with the Saudi Arabia champions, who already secured the arrival of Karim Benzema on Tuesday, according to various media.
Kanté, 2018 World Cup winner in Russia, did not get to play much at Chelsea last season due to a hamstring injury. As a result, he was out of action for six months. The defensive midfielder transferred from Leicester City in 2016, with whom he had just become England champion at the time.
Saudi Arabia wants to strengthen its own soccer league with many foreign stars. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo already came to the Middle East last winter for the petrodollars. The Portuguese plays at Al-Nassr.
‘Messi leaves for United States’
To Inter Miami to be exact. At least, that is what the BBC and L’Equipe report. Messi will reportedly earn 400 million euros a year in Miami. He was transfer free after leaving Paris Saint-Germain.
NEC attacker Cissoko to Toulouse for big money
NEC attacker Ibrahim Cissoko is fast on his way to Toulouse. The Nijmegen side will receive some 2.5 million euros for the 20-year-old Cissoko, making him one of the most expensive outgoing transfers ever.
Clubs will again be looking en masse for new players and trainers in the coming period. In this blog we will keep you updated on all the transfer rumors at home and abroad.