12-year-old girl saves twin brother’s life when he choked on a piece of cheese
The quick action of a 12-year-old girl saved her twin brother’s life at Leicester Middle School, Massachusetts, USA.
The event occurred in the school lunchroom when the boy, named Charlie, began to choke while swallowing a piece of cheese.. The center’s security cameras captured how the teenager stood up touching his chest and making gestures indicating that he could not breathe, according to the U.S. media. WBZ.
Thanks to the fortitude of his sister Amelia, who performed the Heimlich maneuver, saved the boy’s life and she acknowledged that “it was just my instinct, I really didn’t know what to do, I just felt I had to help him.”
“I’m going to die,” Charlie thought as he couldn’t breathe. “It’s just scary and you don’t know what’s going to happen next and it’s really scary,” reports WBZ
The two brothers hope that this terrifying incident will serve to make other children to learn what to do in case of choking.